4 Indiana students end up in hospital after chemistry experiment goes wrong – New York Daily News

Four high school students from western Indiana ended up in hospital after a chemistry experiment went wrong, officials said.

Students at North Central High School in Terre Haute were doing an Advanced Placement course chemistry experiment when “something went wrong,” said school principal Nancy Liston.

Liston told local newspaper Tribune-Star that a student, who suffered burns to his face and arms, was taken to Terre Haute Regional Hospital. He remained hospitalized on Wednesday.

The other three were treated for minor cuts and burns and were taken to two local hospitals as a precaution, she said. They were already back at school on Wednesday.

Two investigators from the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office were at the high school Wednesday to “assist in the investigation,” said David Hosick, director of public affairs for the Indiana Department of Homeland Security.

The incident, which may have involved “some kind of explosion”, according to Hosick, happened on Tuesday afternoon.

The experiment was taking place outdoors, according to the director.

The students had conducted the experiment several times in the past, including on Monday when it “worked perfectly,” Liston said.

See also  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged to longtime boyfriend Riley Roberts – New York Daily News

Leave a Comment