Hey guys! I will be posting about Best caramelised chilli and rum jam Recipe. Take a look around and let me know what you think!
caramelised chilli and rum jam
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eschalots (French shallots), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 long red chillies, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (110g) white (granulated) sugar
- ⅓ cup (115g) golden syrup
- ½ cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ¾ cup (180ml) dark rum
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the eschalot and cook for 5–6 minutes or until golden. Add the garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is golden. Add the sugar, golden syrup, vinegar, paprika, chilli flakes and ½ cup (125ml) rum. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat, add the remaining rum and mix to combine. Makes 1½ cups
+ This sauce will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one month.
Photography: Chris Court
Hopefully a post about Simple caramelised chilli and rum jam Recipe can provide benefits for us