Hey guys! I will be posting about Simple parsnip, bacon and mustard hash browns Recipe. Take a look around and let me know what you think!
parsnip, bacon and mustard hash browns
- 1 medium parsnip (250g), peeled and chopped
- 600g sebago (starchy) potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 100g bacon, rind removed and finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard, plus extra to serve
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- watercress leaves, to serve
- Place the parsnip and potato in a saucepan and just cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10–12 minutes or until cooked. Drain well and roughly mash with a fork.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 2–3 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add the leek and cook for a further 3–4 minutes or until soft.
- Transfer to a bowl with the parsnip mash, chives, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Shape ½ cup of the mixture into rounds. Heat the remaining oil, in batches, in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat and cook the hash browns, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with extra mustard and watercress. Makes 6
Hopefully a post about Best parsnip, bacon and mustard hash browns Recipe can provide benefits for us