Hey guys! I will be posting about Simple Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe. Take a look around and let me know what you think!
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti
Beautifully crisp and nutty biscotti with a thin layer of rich chocolate to make your morning coffee so much sweeter!
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill’s Vegan Egg Replacer
- 4 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (136g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted, unsalted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Optional: melted vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Position your oven rack in the middle of your oven.
- Mix your egg replacer with TWO tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and olive oil into a medium bowl. Whisk well until combined.
- Add your egg replacer mixture to the vanilla/sugar/oil mixture. Whisk well until combined.
- Add your flour, baking powder, and salt, and with a wooden spoon or spatula, mix to combine. Add your hazelnuts, and mix. The dough will be stiff and won’t want to come together, so now you can add the extra TWO tablespoons of water! It should form a solid dough when squeezed.
- Divide your dough into two. Form two 1 and 1/2 inch-wide logs on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and carefully transfer your logs to a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice the logs into 1/2 inch-wide slices on a diagonal, then place your biscotti cut side-down back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip the biscotti and bake for another 10 minutes, or until there are no more moist parts visible in the dough.
- Carefully move your biscotti to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely (they’ll crisp up more as they cool).
- Once cool, dip the bottoms in your melted chocolate, using a spoon or butter knife to scrape the excess off. Place chocolate side-down on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the fridge to set completely. Biscotti are best the day of!
Hopefully a post about Easy Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti Recipe can provide benefits for us