Hey guys! I will be posting about Simple broad bean and lemon pasta Recipe. Take a look around and let me know what you think!
broad bean and lemon pasta
- 400g orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- ½ cup (125ml) single (pouring) cream
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2.4kg broad beans, shelled, blanched and peeled+
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 2 cups basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 10–12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and rind, cream, reserved water, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add the beans and pasta, stir to combine and cook for a further 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir through the pecorino and basil. Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and serve topped with the extra pecorino. Serves 4.
+ Depending on the age of your broad beans, you’ll most likely need to shell the beans from their pods, and blanch them in salted boiling water for no more than 1 minute. Peel the grey skins to reveal the bright green beans, then refresh them under cold running water to halt the cooking process and retain their brilliant colour.
Tip: Broad beans are in season in spring. When they’re unavailable fresh, you can buy them frozen at most supermarkets. Thaw the beans and use them as directed in the recipe.
Hopefully a post about Simple broad bean and lemon pasta Recipe can provide benefits for us